Thursday 14 November 2013

Magazine Text Fonts Mood Board




I have included these six fonts, as I believe they all look professional and stylish. Likewise, I think they all have a feminine aspect to them, which suits my magazine target audience. The first one, 'verve', I particularly like, as it is quite slick, but also stands out from a simple, basic font. Also, it has a vintage look to it. This also appeals to my target audience, as they will be into style and the more artistic look. Moreover, I like the font 'motown motel'. The boldness to it allows it to stand out, and it would be a good font for my mast head. The fact that it's in italics makes it seem more feminine, once again appealing to my target audience. I also like the font 'femoralis'. Like 'verve', it has an arty look to it, and is very feminine. It may work well as the font of the titles on the cover lines. 'georgia' is also a feminine and girly font. However it is quite plain and basic, so doesn't fit in with the arty theme of my magazine. 'Agency FB' is quite a basic font that is easy to read and be understood by the audience. This is why I believe that it would be a good font for my front cover, to use on the cover lines. It looks like quite a modern font, which also appeals to my target audience's expectations of the magazine.
The font which I least like is 'forte'. This is because it doesn't flow very well, and I believe it would better suit a male music magazine due to the abstract nature of it. It looks like the font that would be found in a Kerrang magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment