Wednesday 13 November 2013

Magazine Target Audience Mood Board


On my mood board, I chose to add in the social networking sites, Facebook and Twitter. This is because young people of my target audience spend a lot of time on these sites, getting the gossip and seeing what everyone is getting up to in the world. They also symbolise the Internet. It has been proven that young people are becoming more reliant on the Internet and getting things quickly. Therefore, the use of these on my mood board, shows that my target audience are technology reliant and spend a lot of time using the social networking sites.
I have also included the Mini and Fiat 500 cars. These are seen as feminine cars, as they are dainty and cute. They would stereotypically suit a female more that a male driver due to their appearance. Saying this, these cars are also relatively new in brand, so are up-to-date with the trends, showing that my audience will be in touch with the latest releases.
Likewise, the shops that I have included are River Island and Topshop. These are popular shops, that are well known for their fashionable clothing ranges. Also, River Island has a range by the current singer Rihanna. My audience will be interested in looking the best they possibly can. They will want to shop in the stores that are well-known for their fashion and well established as good clothing products that are in-trend.
I have also included on my mood board a camera with pictures, nail varnishes, and perfumes. These are all stereotypical female objects. Women are seen to have more over flowing emotions about belongings and memories. The camera symbolises this aspect of my audience's personality. The nail varnishes amplify the thought that women care a lot about their appearance, and how they can look more feminine. The perfume adds the sense that along with looking good, they also want to smell appealing.
Women are also well known for having a sweet tooth. The chocolate, hot chocolate and Jelly Tots cover this aspect of their personality. They show a cuteness and innocence to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment