Friday 15 November 2013

Magazine Colours Mood Board



The first colour scheme is commonly found on female magazines such as 'Q' and 'Now'. It adds sophistication in the minimal colours used, as the black and white are smart and professional, and the red adds a feminine touch to it. This is the same with the 3rd colour scheme. The pinky/purple one is appealing to my female target audience. The dominant representation of it is a female colour, opposed to a masculine one. The last colour scheme portrays a very girly and feminine touch to the magazine, which would appeal to a younger female audience, age range 12-15. This is not my target audience age group; therefore, I don't think I will be using this colour scheme.
The colour scheme which I chose will depend on the colour I choose to incorporate in my magazine front cover main image. I may choose to use the second one down, if my main image has the light blue shade combined in it. This would make my front cover seem more slick and stylish. Also, by only using three (or four) colours, the front cover will look a lot more elegant and tasteful, rather than piling loads of different colours on, and making it look cluttered and tacky. My favorite ones are the first, second and third ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment